Friday, February 22, 2008

Getting Laid by Groupies or Pat on the Back by Jeebus?



CBN blogger Belinda Elliott went to one of those "rock and roll" concert meetings and had an unusual experience. She usually tries to keep her outings to Christian music concerts, but this time she took a chance and went to an unnamed secular concert. And guess Who showed up?

It was interesting to look around and see an arena full of people singing along and cheering. Between songs, the applause and screams for the lead singer and his entourage were so loud he could hardly talk over them.

How cool that must be, I found myself thinking.

I can’t imagine having that many people cheering so enthusiastically for you, not to mention being willing to pay money just to see you.

That’s when that still small voice spoke to me. He spoke with a whisper, but I heard Him loud and clear over the roar of the crowd.

They have already received their reward in full.

Ouch! That will surely make you reconsider the allure of fortune and fame.


Mehhhhh, not really. But keep going:

Then I thought back to the numerous Christian concerts I have attended. On the surface, they looked nearly identical to the rock show that I was enjoying: loud music, multi-colored strobe lights, an energetic band, and people waving their arms and singing along.

But the two are very different. In one case, the musicians were performing to glorify themselves. In the other one, the artists were there to bring glory to God.


And sell tickets, schwag, and CD's.

via CBN

No comments: