Saturday, March 29, 2008

Brian Sliter Ends Run For Mayor Of Touchytown



What kind of world do we live in when a registered sex offender can't run for public office?

Brian "Mr. McFeely" Sliter has ended his run for mayor of Wilmer, Texas:

The registered sex offender running for mayor that catapulted this southern Dallas County town into an international media frenzy has dropped out of the race.
James Brian Sliter, 42, was placed on deferred adjudication several years ago and registered as a sex offender after he claims he was “set up” in a police sting operation. He had made arrangements to meet an underage girl for sex, according to published media reports.

"I've been convinced by the probation department to drop out of the race for mayor in the best interests of all concerned,” Sliter stated in a news release submitted after The Ellis County Press’ Internet radio show last night.

“My biggest concern is that my motivation for running and putting myself through this ordeal will go unnoticed. At this point, I feel I've done all I can for the community in focusing international attention on the problems in Wilmer."


Problems like registered sex offenders living in Wilmer.

via Ellis County Press

No comments: