Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Douchebag of the Day: Rush Limbaugh



From the guy who brought you this bullshit comes another tale of bigotry at it's finest:

...Conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh issued an on-air apology to Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., today after a caller said her daughter thought the Democratic presidential frontrunner looked like the cartoon character Curious George, a monkey.

Limbaugh, who laughed at the caller's comments, later apologized explaining he didn't know anything about Curious George.

..."I've got to do something here to open this hour of today's excursion into broadcast excellence. I need to apologize to both Sen. Obama and to Sen. McCain, " said Limbaugh. "I had never heard of Curious George. Only now have staffers sent me little pictures of Curious George," he continued.

"So I wish to apologize to both Sen. Obama and Sen. McCain. It was not my intent to bring dishonor and guttural utterances into this campaign. It happened. I laughed about it. It was a 12 year old kid's reaction to Obama, it was told by his mother. I was laughing because I was being polite, but I had never heard of Curious George."

Right before the show went into a commercial break, a caller named Tammy told Limbaugh, "..my 12 year old daughter..she..her statement last week was 'who cares what the guy's middle name is, he looks like Curious George.'"


You can go to the ABC and listen to the audio if you must.

Rush Limbaugh: Douchebag of the Day

via ABC

No comments: