Monday, January 21, 2008

Why Am I Getting Madder?

Remeber this?



Those words are really starting to sink in. Almost 2 weeks later, I'm still getting angrier.

I like Sully's take here and here:

At least now we know what this race is about: Obama versus the Clintons. Both of them. Their dynasty. Their power. Their methods. Their character. And so the question becomes: does America really want a Restoration? And if Hillary is this beholden to Bill in the campaign, what will his role be in the White House? I've long hoped he'd be given a clear job, accountable to the president and the public. But that isn't their style. When you re-elect royal families, you get their family dynamics as well. What we're seeing now is a small glimpse of what we would be dealing with for at least four years.

and

What we are witnessing is the corruption of nepotism and the abuse of a former office for the pursuit of dynastic power. Anyone who has ever followed the Clintons knows how unscrupulous they are. But even I didn't expect a former president to be as tacky as this. You want this kind of character back in the White House? You want another dynasty, defending itself and attacking others in the same party? You know what to do.

I never expected this either. But I should have. We all should have.

No comments: