Saturday, December 15, 2007

Winning at any Cost

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



After this week's Shaheen incident, followed quickly by a resignation, the Clintons thought they could put a long week of scrutiny and a horrible debate performance to rest with little blowback. Hillary feigned ignorance to the whispering campaign of Obama's drug use as a young man and offered a personal apology.

However, the insincerity of the Clinton machine is evident moments after the apology preceeding Thursday's debate.

Here's a clip from Hardball, where Joe Trippi for Edwards, David Axelrod for Obama and Mark Penn for Clinton had an amazing exchange. Unable to resist in breathing new life in to the smear, Mark Penn evoked the word cocaine again.





MyDD nailed it:

The fire in the belly that Trippi exhibited on Hardball yesterday reflected perfectly Edwards's populist fighter persona, just as Axelrod's mellow above the fray style echoed Obama. What does Penn's slimy shiftiness say about his candidate?

Then Bill weighs in on Charlie Rose yesterday saying:

When I was a governor and young and thought I was the best politician in the Democratic Party, I didn't run the first time. I could have. I knew in my bones I shouldn't run. That I was a good enough politician to win, but I didn't think I was ready to be president









Then this quote from an interview Hillary gave today on Iowa Press:

"I've been tested, I’ve been vetted. There are no surprises. There’s not going to be anybody saying, 'I didn’t think of that, my goodness, what’s that going to mean?'"


While her hunger for power was expected, these tactics should be alarming to anyone pating attention.

No comments: