Saturday, May 31, 2008

Screw You Guys, I'm Going Home



The Messiah has resigned from his bitter Mooslim mosque.

From Monroe Anderson:

In the wake of the Father Michael Pfleger controversial sermon last Sunday at Trinity United Church of Christ, Barack Obama sent a letter yesterday resigning from his place of worship for the past 20 years.

...So in an attempt to turn manufactured right-wing ammo into blanks, Obama has completely separated himself from his minister and his church. What worries me is this: Can we expect a President Obama to cave in to the whims and will of the right on policies and issues he knows are important, if this nation is to move forward in a progressive and compassionate manner? Can we expect him to genuflect to negative reports by an uninformed, misinformed or ill-willed media? Is the candidate of change willing to go-along in a willy-nilly get-along fashion?

I hope not, but I’m not sure.

Obama knows what Trinity is about. I’ve only set foot in the church twice in my life and I know what it’s about. It’s nothing like it’s being portrayed in the national media. Nor is Rev. Wright.

1 comment:

peterpan said...

Him leaving his church makes me have less respect for him. This has been his church and his family for almost half his life. whats next him disowning his fathers heritage.
Its time for Obama to stand up for what he belives in. One America united. Not one America turning its back on another.